Thursday, January 24, 2008

filet me

if fingers were fish, i fileted my finger tonight.

i was closing the shop and have this checklist i'm working from. being that it's foodservice, everything is stainless and sharp as hell.

why they don't round corners of these things, or take the sharp edges off, i don't know. i've shaved off more layers of skin in that place because i wash stuff that doesn't get touched by others.

tonight though, i hacked into my finger with the fridge handle, it was gushing blood and i had to get help to doctor it.

my dear friend gets sick at the sight of blood but managed to find the stuff i needed from the well stocked, but intricate first aid kit.

customers walked up when i did it, so the other guy there had to help them, while i bled and tried to stay the flow.

now it's just a triangular flap of flesh with a pocket of blood under it. i cleaned it out really good, but i need to do it again before bed. and i have to do it alone. sigh. i hate taking care of my own wounds.

the good news of the night is, i'm going to get the training they hired me for. finally.

last word from the mgrs was it wasn't going to happen.

but tonight, i was told it will.

which pleases me.

i'm effective as a manager and am learning a lot. working with kids and the older set is tough. my delivery needs work.

but i can't help being a short bossy chick. that's how they made me. someone thought it was a good idea. and well, i'm trying to be "nice"

yes. that's the word.

sigh.

i've got a lot of work to do.

but you knew that all ready.

and my hiking boots arrived, so i'm breaking them in. better late than never. i've been meaning to get these since i went hiking in november. at least i got it done. it's supposed to be wicked cold this weekend, and we'll be camping and outdoors. yikes. 15 degrees by day, 5 degrees at night. yikes. hope i'm ready for this. (no choice if i'm not. at least my feet won't be cold now, that was a big concern for me. hopefully they won't be hurting either).

peace. out.

No comments: