Wednesday, January 16, 2008

rocksandwich

so in an effort to improve my child's health, we've purchased two loaves of the heaviest bread in all creation (no, wait, i have one healthy friend who baked me a heavier loaf once, i unloaded it at a potluck, that's how healthy my family is).

so, i make sandwiches out of this bolder, using a chisel and hammer
and serve it up, with a smile.

i'm trying to eat it and gagging on it.

when my husband brought the bread home, he said,
i could knock someone out with this bread.


i kept trying to make it work. had a slice with dinner (and again, nearly choked), but stuffed it down.

my god, health food sucks.

my sister says i'll get used to it.

try ezekiel bread
(she says)

but warns,
it's heavier than what you've got.


yeah, that's just what i need. i could gnaw on an end table for something a touch heavier than the bread i've got.

my argument has always been, if i can't get my people to eat "health" food, what's the point of buying it?

so, i'm suffering through a sandwich which is presumably healthy but i start gagging and get really painful hiccups,

my body is rejecting it,
i tell my sister.

you've got to drink water with it.


but i've got about 3/4 of a rocksandwich to go
so i better get to it.

i miss soft unhealthy bread.

No comments: