Friday, January 18, 2008

finished early

so i turned in my last assingment last night, though it was due today. i like to beat deadlines rather than be last minute. turned in my presentation today, though it is not due until monday.

now, final steps of the semester. then residency for next semester which begins jan 30. i hope to take a minute to catch my breath between, but i've got lots to do with my girl. some overnight camping at a winter survival camp, where i mostly play with fire. i love playing with fire.

i've had so much to do for so long, i won't know what to do with myself the next week or so.

maybe i'll just vegitate.

the thought of reading something else at this moment is daunting.

i would like to get to my regular open mic here locally, but i just can't request it off from work, i have to ask for other significant poetry reads off, and i can't be asking for all kinds of days off.

i got certified at my job last night, only missed four points. called two drinks wrong (actually, i was never told to call them the way the test requires them called because we only call them that way for the test. sigh). and, i hear there may be changes in the mgmt. soon, which may be a good thing. it's never good to have two people of the same title at one tiny location. (or even one large location, i imagine).

my daughter's favorite horse, velvet (of all names, a gorgeous black pony), sneezed on me the other day. never had that happen before. it was gross. but funny. i had never realized that was how a horse sneezes and since i didn't realize, i didn't stay away from the zone. my girl was picking hooves and the instructor was doing something else at the hind quarters and didn't get sprayed.

but ah, lucky me, some things just make my day.

maybe i'll have a nap. i'm pretty tired.

think i'll opt out of all additional classes next semester and just do my bachelor's work. i need a rest.

peace.

No comments: