Monday, May 12, 2008

all i want from today

is to talk to my sister. many days have passed and we've not been able to utter a word, she off enjoying her family on a much needed retreat, and i, too busy to interfere. no time for it.

but today, fresh in from the gym, where the mechanical trainer kicked my ass again, i am ready to shower, shake off the heaviness, and talk to my sister. all day if she wants.

carrying me cordless with her as she gracefully deals with her children in scenarios that would send me flying off like a rocket.

she's a wonderful mother. i don't know how she became who she is except that she always was and i just hadn't realized it.

that's all i want from today,

a good long soulreviving chat with my sister.

1 comment:

gregr said...

Geenie became who she is because she had a loving older brother who kept her and her younger sister in line with the aid of white tubesocks.