Sunday, May 25, 2008

the sooner you stop talking

the happier i'll be.


okay, okay, i admit it. i got in a fight with the frozen foods manager. and this was my parting gem. it shut him up, that's for sure.

the dude was busting my chops, MY chops, for our pastries being a mess.

which was so not my fault. it was, in fact, his.

so, what to do. this jerk starts telling me off, and i say,
it may go over talking to the kids that way, but not to me.


now, if i could just keep my cool. fortunately we were arguing in a freezer, and not once did i get cold (which is kind of funny).

it's not okay to talk to kids like that either. but i essentially sicked the whole store on this guy, so i should have been expecting it, but i wasn't. he caught me by surprise.

i get these fanciful moments when i think as a store we should be working together as a team, but it's more like a bad production of west side story, people in groups shucking and jiving (okay, mixed metaphors, but kind of funny).

and the chief visited today,
missed you yesterday.


you never told me where it was
(the gathering they had).

yes i did.


but, true to form, i forgot.

so, my courage (or ignorance) led me to give him a copy of my book.

hide it.
i said.

i don't really know why i let it go to him, but i did.

let me know when you want to sell it,
he said.

i don't.


that's the weird thing about it. it's mine, i love it, but it's not fodder for publication, main stream publication because it is still a living part of me. palpable, though when i read it today, i felt some separation beginning.

i'm looking forward to a new life.

i awoke to the soothing sounds of st. anger, my belly dance going on in my mind, and i believe it has to be them, at least one of the songs. i see amazing things happening in my head, now if i can work up my cardio so my heart doesn't explode when i try to keep my parts in motion that fast for that long. (however long it is, i'm not in shape enough now to do it. that's just how it is kids).

but tomorrow is another day, and i've a whole semester to work up to it.

part of my thinking is, it has to be a song i know every nuance of. then, the dance can't help but be amazing. i just hope i don't look like an idiot.

No comments: