Friday, May 23, 2008

no end in sight

well, there was one, this lady walking down the street had a rather large derrier, with kind of a shelf. i saw that and thought, god, i hope my ass doesn't look like that. but i go to the gym regularly and look at my end, while it's not tiny, it's not shelvy. enough said.

the mechanical trainer kicked my ass again. i'm so exhausted. i nearly couldn't finish. it wants me to do this spread your legs as far apart as you can machine, really fast, and i cramp up in my outer thigh when i do that (i know, too much information, but what do you expect).

and when reviewing the results (if it weren't enough for the blinking lights to blink blink blink at you through your workout there is a little computer screen that shows you how well you did or did not do). i consistenly score in the crapper (84%) on this ab machine.

and the actual "trainer" who is more of a measurement taker, talker on the phone than a trainer, said,
it scores that low on other people too.


and i said,
i'm not a cheetah, my spine is not that flexible.
because i'm swinging my torso back and forth with my lower body static as fast as i can, and the range of htis machine is 190 degrees if not slightly less. how are you supposed to do that fast? and i'm pretty bendy and wiggly. so if i can't get above 84 percent, i'd like to meet the lady who can.

that's the trouble i guess, when you have a ripped 19 year old boy set up the machines. but it's supposed to be gauged personally, so i try. i keep climbing on the machines and going for it.

it kicks my ass without failure.

see, there are plenty of ends in sight. just not the kind i'm talking about.

my summer calendar is nearly booked solid and while it is more fun than work (perhaps, equal parts fun and work is more accurate), i haven't even made allowance for the editing i have to do.

there is just so much on my plate, and i'm glad. last night at work, i enjoyed it but i could tell i was getting physically tapped. if it weren't for working out and keeping my strength up, i might be in worse shape.

pushing a mop around dirty floor boards is taxing work. doesn't sound like it. probably any sap could do it, but it's not the doing of it that i mean, it's the acutally getting the built up gunky crap from the edges of the floorboards with a mop. that requires some elbow grease.

others cleaned a lot before i got there. and i'm trying hard not to go back and redo their work, as it is a team effort. but it's certainly not up to my standards. and i don't want to shoot people down when they are just starting to try, so i'll say nothing and work on them one at a time.

divide and conquer.

i'm reading four books right now, and loving each of them. i just finished my fifth book for my end of semester packet on chinese characters and i enjoyed it. at least it was something other than rhyme and meter. the gradations of grief in the chinese language was one of the things that interested me. english is a sadly flat language.

must eat.
must shower.
must rest.

peace.

1 comment:

gregr said...

No you don't have a shelf. You know if you did, I would point it out to you. Ha ha ha. 84% is not low. I know what you mean about the cramp on the outer thigh. I've felt that before. It hurts. In regards to the mopping, Grams would have used more than a mop. The mop isn't going to get the built up gunk. she would get on her hands and knees and use a scrub brush. That'll take care of that nasty gunk.