Thursday, May 15, 2008

mechanical rooster

so i haven't even done sit ups the past week because the mechanical trainer is wearing me out! it keeps pushing and pushing, demanding more. sounds a bit like my marriage. har-har.

but i'm sweat soaked and satisfied.

last night my girl took me, or demanded i take her, swimming.

i love water. i am a water creature, i'm certain. i got pretty tired swimming laps so i got a kickboard and kept going. my stamina is not very good, yet.

but we swam for an hour and a half. waterlogged we ran to the car, it got cold while we were there so we're laughing, cutting across the baseball field, wrapped in towels trying not to get slathered with diamond dust.

but i had a poem come to me while i glided through the water, something i wanted to make really fine, and when i committed it to paper, i am not sure it is what i wanted. i had hoped the rhythms of the swim, the cadence of my voice, the sound of my breathing under the water would come through, and i don't know that any of that did.

we spent the day at a park, sprawled out on a blanket in the sun. while the girls tried to catch turtles (and did catch one successfully, a rather large red eared slider), and frogs.

meanwhile, i'm lying there having a wonderful conversation with a friend whom i am totally at peace with. there is no better way to spend a day.

feeling embraced and received.

my work week begins in earnest today and we have a powwow to attend this weekend. that will be curious. but i'm looking forward to it. the chief will meet my husband and daughter.

i will get to dance, and dancing is always a good thing.

peace.

(five points for anyone knowing where that title came from, remember, i have a child. and no, you didn't get the last movie right)

No comments: