Monday, May 19, 2008

allz well

so my prof said i've completed the critical evaluation part. now i am free to write short precis' of the books i've left, which i take it to mean, a brief summary. nothing major. but the critical writing is nothing major in my mind. so why bother over it, just do what i've been doing all along which to me doesn't feel like much.

but it has freed my mind to start organizing my final essay, truth be told it's been simmering away in ye olde crockke potte the whole semester and i hope it comes out banging.

i have a valid poetic perspective. i have to articulate it. i have to draw from my wanderings this semester and incorporate that crucial horsemanship element. plus pull together a chapbook (which i don't care about at all. if i didn't ever do another one, so much the better, i say. but there is some good shit i've written since the last, and i'll do it with that in mind. to make it kind of a continuance of the former. plus, next semester i'm supposed to do an audio performance of these poems. perhaps i'll just read through the whole books and sell them as companion cds. i wouldn't mind that).

it becomes a question of finding someone with recording devices and a studio if i really want to get fancy.

though a recording of a small gathering might not be bad. though reading through two whole books could be demanding on people's butts.

it'd have to be an invitational affair, because if some random person showed up and vibed me out, i'd be screwed. though that never has happened yet.

i should probably just get a mic and crawl in a closet and record it there.

i'm just in from working out. i need to get moving. much to do. poetry roundtable tonight and i must show up.

i tend to drag my body around and appear where i am expected. is it worth my being there in that state? i don't really know.

sometimes i find words, always i read, so if that matters. then, yes.

i'll make an appt with the tattoo artist who decorated me last time, and get in there soon. i'm ready. the time for my next tat is at hand.

peace. out.

No comments: