Tuesday, May 20, 2008

we don't celebrate

this day last year i was only reminded of the day because a friend of mine im'd me and it brought the date to my attention. i am more aware of it this year, the date, that is, because i've got so many balls in the air and those balls require i know the day. so i can turn up where expected.

it's my anniversary and we won't celebrate. probably won't even mention it. it's become just another day in the long line of days that parade by, and we're tired of watching the procession. so we wander away and do our own thing.

i'll spend the day at the farm, which is the best place in the world. even when i do very little, it's what brings me back, grounds me. and i'm grateful to be there.

even when i'm barely standing upright, the horses make it worthwhile to give just a little more.

we've taken to eating breakfast in the little diner i love, and my girl enjoys it too. then, after, i have an errand to run for tomorrow morning when we install my girl's artwork at the library.

i want to believe in dreams again.
and last night's was curious. but what will likely happen is,
i'll go park myself in a large field with a book, and not be able to read the book because bucky will be nearby being gorgeous, the hawk will break from cover and for just a moment, everything will seem perfect.

and i will let it be perfect.

those are the moments i live for.

No comments: