Thursday, May 08, 2008

crunch time.

yesterday was as peaceful and beautiful as i hoped it would be. my girl and i laughed a lot, and sunned ourselves.

but it's time to get back to the grindstone. three books to go, one is so, so good i cannot force myself to rush through it. i may even hold it over until next time because that is how good it is. i linger on each page, and transcribe long passages into my journal.

rare, the books this semester that have this effect on me.

so, i'm trying not to get frantic, i'll just finish one book at a time. and try to put off my daughter's pleas to go somewhere else today. i must focus.

and i'll try to finish all i can because this is it. paper due monday.

it will be well. i'll get it all done. i just wish i had more time to enjoy it, and it wasn't so much about racing through the books as it was, gleaning from them and interacting with them.

peace.

No comments: