Tuesday, May 06, 2008

whoa!

so, i need to accomplish a lot. as anyone who has a glimpse of my schedule will testify, i have no time to doddle.

but today, i did no thing. and loved it.

the horses have a way of brining you back down to earth, it becomes all about the good grazing. about lingering in the fields. about the comb along the neckline. nothing else matters. nothing else.

so, i gave myself to it.

and when i stopped thinking about my agenda (which arguably wasn't hard to do, i'm too tired to hold my mind in tension about what i need to accomplish), i was able to be in the middle of a field doing nothing.

and it was all right.

i had plans to meet a friend tomorrow, but yesterday's walk with my daughter proved so timely, we haven't missed spring yet, that i am going to infuse my life with beauty by spending tomorrow at ny botanical gardens. i can't explain it except to say, when one must perform one must find ways to slough off all the strain and stress.

my way is through beauty.

i need an infusion of beauty. the uncomplicated life of flowers and horses. the simple pleasure of a clean bucket of water and a fresh stall.

bucky was busy grazing in a new paddock and i saw him for a while, but i didn't get in his face. i watched him from a far field mostly, where i was posted atop a little grassy ridge.

only one could have moved me from that place, and the hawk broke from the trees to dance before my waking eyes. and i sighed a sigh of relief.

he sees me as i see him. it was a great comfort.

and i drove away, to unfortunately check my email and reenter the world of rush and hurry, only this time, a bit more peacefully.

No comments: