Sunday, May 11, 2008

what must be done

i must do what must be done. there is no room for anything else.

tomorrow's deadline for my fourth packet finds me a book and a half behind and not a word finalized. though many smattered on the page, to hopefully prod my mind in some direction when i finally get to it.

worked this am, after working yesterday and mucking stalls. i must say, i'm getting tired of the work. but we went to the paddock and sat by the horses while they ate their afternoon snack and that was somewhat rejuvenating.

the lines and movements of these creatures intrigues me.

and bucky smiled his goofy smile several times for us. he's still a handfull and i've no time to just be there with him.

and today the hawk circled above my home, and i remembered the time long ago, ages ago, lifetimes ago when i was another person and that memory quickened in me. that moment of poetry and touching the one i love happened.

but i shake my head when my mind wanders there and try to draw myself back, draw myself back to now. to the stark reality of now. now is where i am, now is what is going on. now.

so leave off the poetry, leave off the dreams, leave off everything i say, and focus on the book i have to get through and the papers i must write.

the time is now. the task is at hand, there is no thing else.

No comments: