Sunday, May 04, 2008

what size is yours

so i'm driving home from work, finally. and i see this tribal dude carrying a drum the size of, hmm, let's see, it was larger than a semi truck tire, let's put it that way. it was HUGE!

so i parked my car and ran back over to meet him, because it was just around the corner from my apt.

turns out, they're going to drum practice, him and his sweetie. and of course we're invited, but i should not go now. don't ask.

so he gives me a powwow flyer, and it turns out, he's the cousin of the chief of ramapough nation. ha! go figure.

small world indeed.

now i need to see about getting a proper shawl as i left all mine in texas. call it an oversight. but it's something i need now. i can't wait till i get back there and into my cedar chest. so, i'll have to splurge and get a new one.

pendleton, methinks. yes. indeed.

but i've been preparing to come home since i got up this morning and realized, i have one week and four books to read. that means, with my schedule a book a day on my not busy days.

i better get to it.

and it's good to see tribal people. i can't even tell you how good.

peace. out.

No comments: