Sunday, March 30, 2008

her touch



i was rifling through my computer files, and came across this picture of my girl. i'd not even seen it. her little girl friend snapped the photo before she was ready (i find posed pictures, often lacking), so it glimpses this gentleness and warmth which is her character, particularly pertaining to horses--but really pertaining to all. she is a gentle soul.

it makes me want to weep, this picture.

because as much as one can glimpse their true nature, i see hers in this shot.

our battles with the two leggeds will continue, but i think she like me trusts the animals in her life to let her know what the reality of the situation is.

people come and go and change on whims, animals do not.

they are genuine and wholly present every moment of their lives.

i'm grateful for their deep kindred spirit with my girl.

No comments: