Monday, April 14, 2008

attractive lines

i won't get into why, but one thing i have my daughter do is practice her penmanship by extracting two sentences from her reading materials each day and reproducing these lines on the page.

she's run through the expected lines of mom is a zombie, etc.

but today's was a gem, i want to comandeer it for a poem. it reads

he looked like ten miles of bad road


LOVE IT!

so when i steal it and use it, (just did), i can't even cite it because she don't cite sources.

ah well. i enjoy seeing what she comes up with and it's curious how these lines are so wonderful. they are her way of saying something.

the found poem, if you will.

why is it i'm surrounded by such amazing poets, none of whom believe they are as amazing as they are.

i guess, that is why we are together, mutual affinity. we all need peers. we need to be challenged by others who get us. who aren't too far ahead or behind that we can still relate and invigorate each other's works.

i have the privileged position of being a black hole that sucks unpublished works my way, and i love it, i would not have it otherwise.

my prof started the semester asking what book or movie i'd watched or read recently that i could discuss. and since the books i read on my freetime are unpublished. i couldn't discuss them.

but reading unpublished works is the best way for me to spend my precious freetime, contributing to the fine authors and poets who abound in my life.

i want them to succeed and in whatever way i can help, i try. from finding typos. to encouraging those who are staring the grim reaper/writer's block (which often feel the same), through. it is my life's work, i am convinced.

i test for my mgmt. position tomorrow. finished my training manual tonight. nothing like planning ahead. but we are incredibly busy and i've no time just to sit and do bookwork (we cannot take the books home). gratefully, we had no customers tonight and i sat for two hours, at least, just finishing my book.

now, to test.

i meet the district manager who will certify me. and then to the farm. i'm thinking tomorrow i go roam a bit.

i need some time to decompress and i have a poetry book to deliver to a friend. perhaps tomorrow is the day.

it's long overdue. and i miss her. she's the coolest kat in hell, her husband is a film director. i adore them both.

her mom is the one who may host me at a poetry reading someday. we'll see what happens.

time for me to check out. two days off (save the test tomorrow).

peace. out.

No comments: