Thursday, April 03, 2008

rough day done

it's been a rough day, and i knew i needed a friend today so i arranged to go meet up with a dear soul i love after what i knew promised to be a test. and test it was.

i'd like to say i passed, that i kept my cool. but i didn't. i held my shit together until i got out of the situation, but it was difficult. and i needed a place to go fall apart. a safe place to lose it all.

and so, seated with my new jersey best friend, i fell to pieces.

and she let me. then helped me gather them up again.

it's something to be with a soul who can see you whole and see you all in parts and not love you less. it's something to be with one who can accept you any way you arrive and send you off better than you were.

i'm just glad it's over. i would like to say i passed the test and it's over, but life is not that simple. things are not so neat and clean (at least not in my life), there's always shit ooozing out of the crevices that i have to deal with.

and so i shall.

but for tonight, all is well. the soft sounds of slumber fill the air. i have reading to do and must away.

peace.

1 comment:

gregr said...

Ommm, you said the "S" word.