Monday, April 28, 2008

wake up NOW!

i was stunned to see i have only two weeks before my next packet is due. i had been trying to make it an easier packet than the previous, but it seems i could not manage it. so now, with five books needing to be read, i must press in.

when i saw that near deadline, it was like a slap in the face. which is why i write things on many calendars, so i am constantly reminded of things upcoming and something about ripping that fresh page off the calendar that stuns you into action. i do it as soon as i can each month, to increase the time i have to do something about the shock.

i'm flat as road kill though and am not sure where it will come from. sometimes, i drag my dry eyeballs across the page and hope, hope i pick something up. the crackle as i close the lids and try to shut the tired out.

it may not be so bad as all that, i must count up my pages and see what rings of fire i must navigate these next two weeks.

and i was feeling exhausted and books arrived. happy day!

the poems compiled for a friend are now in my hand, and they bristle with hope. i wanted them with me last week and i roamed around town and read, but now is enough. now is sufficient.

tired is overtaking me and today at the gym, i just didn't have it in me to do the situps. it was enough that i made it there for the requisite half hour, let alone, forcing my body through the rigors of a thousand situps. i just don't have it in me.

i've begun trading away days at work when i close with another manager. i sure as hell don't need to be there, so, i have another three glorious days off in a row this week. i hope that helps.

must devise a plan of attack for this packet. it looks as if i only have to read 88.5 pages per day, which is not so bad. only 1238 pages this packet. i read half a book last packet, which i guess is something. hopefully these books have something to say and will compel me through them.

peace.

No comments: