Tuesday, April 15, 2008

hurry up and wait.

so, i didn't get my certification yet. sigh.
but it's a matter of three items left to check off. nothing can be done about it.

my dm is awesome. he uttered some lines from a led zeppelin song and i picked it up and carried on, cueing the other guy to say the rest of the lines, but the other guy is much (MUCH) younger than we are, and had no clue. i bet if i said the lines to you, you could get the lines better than these kids.

we laughed.

communication was the section we were working on.

the dm says,
communication breakdown.


i say,
it's always the same.


then cue the kid, who had this blank confused stare. :)

when the kid caught on (that is, the dm explained what he'd missed, he said,
i can play stairway to heaven on the guitar,
and we agreed that was sufficient to make up for the lack of zep lyrics on the brain).

so, this after the dm informs me my certification will take place at 1 instead of 12, and last for two hours (being three instead of one i depart--sigh), and i had to re-arrange my girl's riding lesson, but all ends well.

and my girl wouldn't leave the farm until we bathed the horse and let her eat fresh grass. i try to keep my distance with that horse, i think i annoy her. what can i say, i'm not everyone's cup of tea.

but i did get to see bucky. and his wanton regard for me is delirious. we stood there breathing in each other's faces for a while, i scratching his neck, he trying to nibble on anything of mine he could. but i'm wise to him now (and wearing much fewer clothes, so i keep telling him not to sample me, as it hurts). but he's gorgeous. his dizzy brown eyes and the alfalfa stains on his velvet lips. just wonderful. the hawk was there keeping vigil as well. which pleases me.

and delivered chapbook to dear friend. it was good to see her.

but i've been going and haven't stopped since i awoke at 7am, and i need to veg now.

peace.

No comments: