Tuesday, May 26, 2009

anointed

my saturday did not turn out the way i wanted, but it was fine. a little girl anointed my toes with fairy dust, painted each toe nail, very delicately. i enjoyed the people i met that day, had never met them before, but am glad to know them now.

life is strange. interesting.

i'm supposed to get my painting today, i hope it works out. i really want it.

and the jaunt up to northern ny was fun. long drive. but it was a good trip. sometimes, i think all i have is my presence. i offered my presence to the dear soul i just met at a time when he needed it. i was well received. it was a nice time. i actually got a tad bit sunburned from my sunbathing, but that happens. not often, but it happens.

i laughed a lot. i cried some. i rested much. very tired. this is my last day off, i had three, and it was quite an unexpected surprise. i'm glad to be home, will hit the gym and try to get a few things done. but mostly, i rest if i need it. no break in sight until next monday. which is fine. (provided she gives me the day off).

i do feel better cared for here, she did give me three days off in a row which is a boon and a blessing. i hadn't realized how tired i was, but i could barely sit up. i kept lying down.

you look so tired,
he said.

and my eyes half closed looked back, and i just put my arm over my head and closed my eyes.

i want to kiss you, you have beautiful lips.


if you do, i'll kick your ass.
i replied. even though i could barely hold a convincing fist. i'd told him i was a blackbelt in karated, just incase. but he was a gentleman and gave me space.

i'm glad. i was too tired to drive home that night.

we went and saw wolverine, it wasn't that great. the claws were obviously animated. i didn't feel that way in the previous x-men, but this one they looked like toontown claws. strange.

my host was restless, pacing the cage. he came and went many times while i was there. i kept saying,
just do what you have to do, i'm fine.
and lounged in the back yard with my books, reading, writing, resting.

we get along, but two poets together is a lot to handle. it didn't take long to realize that. and there are very few people i can yell at and they yell back and it's okay. he feels like a familiar person, someone i'll know for a while. i hope so. i like people to be in my life if they are supposed to be (which is an obvious statement and says nothing).

i've got to go to the gym now. need an oil change. my pony is such a great ride.

my new friend had a few career suggestions for me, and being that i'm an introvert (i really am), i think he might be right. i often think i should find some isolated place to go for a while, and, well, perhaps i should. perhaps i should.

No comments: