Wednesday, May 13, 2009

navigating personalities

this is the challenge before me. i can't only rely on my feminine charms, i have to actually deal with people. so far, it's been okay. today i work with a ball buster of a shift and we'll see how it goes. if i'm not up to this task of dealing with the personalities, i may as well quit now. it's all about finessing personalities. i understand this. i have seen it. but i think it can also be about integrity too.

that is what i've disliked about political games, they seem disingenuous to me. i appreciate the truth, even if it hurts.

these days are long but the store is consistently, didn't even walk away from the register for four hours, busy. which is good. time flies.

i like when i work that i look at my clock only occasionally. it makes the whole ordeal less tedious. though i realize there is a lot for me to learn here.

the boss is going to put me in a class that i never made it to at my last place, which is good.
as soon as possible,
she said. and i move forward from there.

it's really not about politics, and yet it is. i understand this. i can call it something else, and i can keep refusing to play, or i can try to navigate my way through this latest place with a bit of forethought.

i have no ego. i have to remind myself of this, because it is more of a statement of where i want to be than where i am. i have egoless moment, sure. but do i live my life from that place, not yet.

so any shit this guy gives me will help me along the way. i will be grateful for it.

i will do my best to honor what i believe is right, and make few concessions along the way, though i don't know that being a hardass will further my point, i think it will work against me in the long run.

you know what they say about flies and vinegar, enemies and friends. i will employ some of these timeworn cliches as they are probably true.

must to work. then to belly dance, ultimately, i swim. long day ahead. but i'm grateful for it.

peace. out.

No comments: