Tuesday, May 12, 2009

who ya know

sat down with my new mgr today. we had an enlightening talk. seems i've already ruffled feathers, but it's just because i work and don't wait for permission. this is offputting.

it made me laugh in one sense because the backroom literally had boxes all over the floor. i merely picked them up and put them on the shelves.

this was problematic for someone pissing around the turf.

my boss doesn't want me to get off on the wrong foot with anyone, so i said,
okay, i can walk around the boxes too, but it doesn't make sense if we're not selling product we have because it can't be found.

strange.

she ultimately said,
don't worry about it.


we'll see. we'll see.

i'm on my way somewhere, so i will see this as a learning experience. i will try not to take it personally and just roll with whatever happens.

it's all about relationships. i understand this. i'm not political by any stretch of the imagination, but i understand there are certain people who can help you and certain people who can hold you back. i won't get anywhere by getting on the bad side of those who can hold me back. i will try to keep from it. but i won't shy away from the hard things. this is a delicate balance.

everyone at my new store knows i'm moving on. this is curious. i'd told no one, but when someone flat out asked me, i'm owning it now. it's a big challenge. i've got a lot to learn.

and i said to my manager,
i don't know why someone green like me would be in this position when someone like my dear friend at another store is not in this position.


do you know this person,
i asked.

he's awesome.
she replied immediately and enthusiastically.

i won't get where i'm going without advertising the merits of this person, that's all i've got to say.

he's golden. he just doesn't know it yet.

and i have a poem just simmering away, i hear it. most of it, but it's not come out.

ah, now shimmy is doing a move i need to work on.

i need to workout. only two days last week, and i'm slacking so far this week. ugh.

maybe i'll get up early, but i doubt it.

i must away...dinner.

No comments: