Wednesday, May 27, 2009

ouch

so i'm walking barefoot across the front yard, trying to find some place to lay in the sun and soak up some rays. when i step on something painful. i look at my foot, no blood, nothing, so i figure it must have been my imagination.

well today, i threw my weight to perform a hip lift and the pain in my foot shouted out at me. it was about a week or so ago when i stepped on that thing, whatever it was. i thought it was nothing, but it's been in there, festering away.

and how am i to get it out?

so i call the ex.
can you help me?


doesn't let me back in the apartment, apparently i'm never seeing the inside of that joint (too bad i didn't get all my shit out).

i'll come down.


apparently the opportunity to inflict pain on me is irresistable. even if only for a short time. nah, we're actually not fighting anymore, it's just a peaceful truce at the moment. and i'm grateful.

so he takes a needle and starts digging around in my foot. and then, i'm squirming, my kid is trying to help by holding a magnifying glass, and i had my foot out at first, propped up on the truck bumper, but that was unworkable, so i fold my leg over across my lap and start to pinch it like a zit to get the thing to come out.

he jabbed the needle in too deep and my foot shot out. so i took the pin and tried to fish it out, but the reason i need help for this is because i'm a coward when it comes to inflicting pain on myself. plus, i didn't see anything until just then. didn't even know i still had something in there, save the odd ache in my foot, which happens on occasion.

so, he says,
it's in too deep. maybe after you swim.


and i say
okay. i'll try again after swimming.


then give it one last squeeze and out she floats like lazarus. a tiny little sticker from some of the many thornbushes which adorn my front yard.

grab the tweezers, quick.


because i'm pinching my foot, and the thing is above water. (or flesh, as the case may be, and we could pluck it out if we moved quickly).

and so, blind, he gropes in the general direction with the tweezers and manages to pluck it out.

did you get it.


i don't know, i can't see.


yes,
my daughter chimes in.
there it is.


and the little tiny sticker was right on the edge of the tweezers.

i hate that my little sticker is cause for a whole family action plan, but i needed help and had no one to call to fish the sticker out of my foot. i am not sure i could have gotten it out alone as it took a couple sets of hands to gentle it from its nesting place.

if i didn't stand on my feet for eight hours a day it might not be such an issue, but i do. and, well, i'm just glad it's out.

no more trepsing around the front yard sans flipflops.

i tried soaking up more rays today, but it was overcast, i'm hoping the sun broke through enough to paint me lightly, so i can get a gentle tan and not something utterly damaging in one fell swoop.

poquito por poquito mija.

yes, grams.


i'm kind of tired, wanting to veg. got some movies for my afternoons off, which i find i've no motivation to study. perhaps because june is my study deadline (or the start of my official cram), i just don't feel like it.

but i do, however, feel like eating. which is something.

i'm hungry. i may even start cooking again soon. i miss it. the only trouble is, it takes time, and time is a commodoty i no longer possess in excess.

ah well.

No comments: