Friday, May 08, 2009

dark angel

it was my dark angel that gave me courage to leave my store. and i'm so glad i did. so glad i did.

while i showed up an hour late (dork, wrote down the wrong time!). the boss was grateful to have me there, and i was glad to be there. the whole place just lifted my spirit and i felt light as a feather. was even pleasant ! for a whole entire day.

go figure. new digs, what can i say. (that, or a great night...hmmm)

i do get on with the people i met today, and that is nice. no fucking around. my boss was sharing her perspectives on management, and i told her one of my greatest struggles was not being backed by the manager.

she said,
i will never do that to you.
and explained her approach.

what a relief,
i said.

while actual practices may vary, this is a word i can say, didn't you mean what you said when...

i think i can learn a lot from this lady. i like her style so far. some of her staff are grumblers, but most people grumble and complain and do little to change their stars. i'm not one of those cats.

so they watched my enthusiasm, and it was nice to be in a busy store. constantly moving. i have my first major task i will begin asap. rearranging the backroom. it's a disaster. no up or down. i will do it slowly and she can't wait for me to start. getting out in ten minutes like my previous store is applauded here as well, and since i'm told it's "dead" at night, i won't have any problem making that happen. i will pick up the time on the front end of my shift and use that toward administrative bullshit. she's cool with this approach. our work styles seem very compatible. i'm so grateful. so very, very grateful. thank you dark angel.

that reminds me...

met this artist, wanted to buy this piece for my dark angel, but settled on this.

she really is amazing for just starting out. and my brain just flooded with ideas, so i'm hoping to get together with her and give them to her. and secure some more of her art, a particular fairy that caught my eye.

this is one of my favorite local belly dancers, whom i hope to start taking lessons from. at least that's the plan. she's amazing.

anyway, i've got stuff to do. this is the problem with being online. i get online. must get back to three.d.

peace. out.

wait, this funny memory came to me, and i have to share it. at one point a customer from my former store came in. she said,
what are you doing here?


this, after the girl whom i worked with, a one month veteran said,
stop saying my store about that store. this is your store now.


which i found very sweet. considering it was iffy if we'd get along. but we're both moms and i've got that in. whew.

anyway, my customer from my former store said,
what are you doing here?


and i threw my arms up in the air and tilted my head back and said in the loudest voice,
this is my store and these are my baristas.


which the two guys working with me laughed at. one smiled and turned around and said,
technically, you're my barista.


the other just snickered.

turns out, he knows my dark angel.

go figure. small world.

before i left the boys were bantering with me about how things go down at this store. in the best sense, and i said,
bring it on gentlemen.


and they laughed.

this is going to be fun.
i said and left.

i'm going to like my new store.

No comments: