Saturday, May 16, 2009

wonderfully talented people

so my first class with the tribal, amazing teacher last night went well. it was a small class, which suits me. and it was tough. while i didn't get the type of repetition i'm used to, i got a lot of different things out of it. mostly, a space to put together all the pieces i've collected. i need to learn to collect the dots, and i think this class might just help me to do that. and dancing with my dear friend. she flows. i sputter. but i'm getting better, i was able to freestyle for a couple minutes or so, before i gave up. but it was nice. and to have such talented women to aspire to dance like is exciting.

went to the gym, hit an all time low, but this is a good low. after my muffin top photo from the reading, i realized there is still a lot to do. i know i'm squishy, but whatever, poquito por poquito.


these are a couple shots from the beltane festival, i'm onstage with my best friend, we're dancing with the amazing jenny cohen, who is leading us all in what was a most fun group dance.



this is a very fun time in my life. i need to keep enjoying it and not get bogged down in the bullshit. but the books are stacked around me and i know i must start reading in earnest. i have much to do before my residency, and that dissertation is not yet done.

work in a few hours, and i've got to make some progress, so i must away.

i will go to a poetry reading tomorrow and mingle with the poets i have come to adore. it's such an honor. this is a time that cannot be repeated, these poets won't be around forever, and i'm just grateful to be a part of such fine company.

No comments: