Thursday, April 06, 2006

condiments

i hate to think about food. if you know me, you know this about me. it is my least favorite subject in the entire world. it is a necessary evil and i am a mom, so i am forced to talk about food.

my intolerant conversing about food has given way recently as i have realized how much condiments, and having the appropriate ones, means. perhaps becase we are in such dire need of drowning whatever it is i manage to muster in some saucy concoction to make it go down (not really, i can hear my friends say, it's not that bad suz. and they are right, but hyperbole is an artistic tool which i on occassion use).

hoisin sauce is just delicious, the tangy sweetness on rices and whatnots. yeum.

bleu cheese dressing, i had finally broken down and bought myself a yummy decadent bleu cheese dressing. i tend to buy the favorites of others because i don't really care if i get my preferred dressing. but this splurge was divine. biting down into those tangy chunks of bleu cheese. mmm.

soy sauce, not a dramatic flavoring in any way, but i like it immensely.

fish sauce, again, not really a condiment, although when i eat vietnamese i drown the stuff in it.

i can't really think of any more right now. and this will likely go down as one of my worst blogs of all time, but hey, i'm missing my condiments. so shoot me.

No comments: