Monday, June 15, 2009

2much2do

so, tonight i arrive early for work. the boss says,
are you fighting with so and so?


no.
i laughed.
why him?


because he is the one i get along with best at the store, am most comfortable, most myself. i guess my antagonistic qualities are misinterpreted by those not returning fire. that is what i guess. what he guesses, too.

because he asked me one time,
what time do you think we're getting out of here?


i reply,
well, we're moving fast, but factoring in your incredible speed, late.


he laughed, and said,
that's the answer i expected, any less and i would have been disappointed.


he doesn't mind my jesting with him, and i don't mind him messing with me. we enjoy working together.

but i hear rumors, and people saying he's threatening me. mind you, this is one of the sweetest people on the planet. i laughed when i heard that. now if they said i was threatening him, that would make more sense.

silly rumors. silly lies.

what can a girl do.

my boss just shakes her head and says,
as long as you guys are okay, i'm fine.
because she has this rapport with the pussy cat.

it's not meant to be serious all the time, but i find that only the guys can handle my "fun." fun suzanne and women are not a good mix. unless you're a very special type of woman, a mom, namely. the moms seem to get me. my very sarcastic sense of humor. my dark wit. the guys love it, the girls, not so much.

but the rat on this ship was the one who is none too fond of me. whatever. he'll have to find some other shit against me because that isn't going to work and we both laughed with the boss and said,
whatever.


then all night long i kept saying,
are you threatening me.
and he'd get this wicked grin. it was great. i told him to
quit gossiping about me,
and he'd smile wide.

but the boss' boss is coming in tomorrow, and then his boss with him on weds. i'll be pretty wiped out by then, but hopefully the late start times she gave me will save my ass. because i need to sleep.

i can be pretty and nice if i'm rested.

otherwise, beware the bitch. met some nice people tonight. yesterday night saw the guy who invited me to the acoustic jam session with the musicians where i belly danced. he told me the venue changed and the night...won't work out for me to go there tonight (obviously, i missed it), but maybe sometime i'll make it back to their fine company. i sure enjoyed them.

he smiled a lot and demanded i bring poetry this time (he doesn't know that i had it last time, but didn't ever feel the vibe, and the bd went over so well, i quit while i was ahead).

anywhoo, it's all good. i've got the poetry of my fellow mfa-ers, so we'll see how it goes, i get to critique it. huzzah!

doing laundry now, should be done sometime around 2am, isn't that the bomb.

No comments: