Saturday, June 13, 2009

ramble on

my back kind of hurts a little. the kid i closed with tonight is an artist too, so we get along really well, he's going to get his mfa ultimately, so is interested in mine. asked me tonight about my work, and since i had a journal release party during my first days of work, i let a couple of the ladies, including my boss see one of my poems (they were shocked and impressed, which is nice. people think poetry is so sappy, usually, but it doesn't have to be. it can be fucking awesome). anyway, i'll let the kid see it tomorrow night. we're very much on the same artistic wavelength, so he'll probably dig it.

my residency fast approaches and i'm dragging ass through these books. largely because they don't pertain directly to my degree, except that they are required (so in that sense, that kills that argument. damn!). but i can't muster any enthusiasm for them. that makes it tough. just dragging my eyeballs over dry pages, hoping to recall something, anything for when i'm sitting in these classes.

in the environment though, in the frenzy of residency, it will be different. there is something incredibly stimulating about being with a group of people who are headed in the same general direction.

there is much i can say, but i'm tired. going to watch hancock and try to get up at a decent hour tomorrow. rolling out of bed just before work isn't doing so good for me, i'm pretty much in a fog for the first hour or so i'm there. not fun. especially since i always walk in and get stuck on bar and had a huge order called in, and a line.

that's fun kids. that's fun.

peace. out.

No comments: