Tuesday, November 25, 2008

diplomas and ceremonies

so the end begins. it's been such a long road i can't believe it's over next month. i can't wait for it to be over, yet, i will be relieved and perhaps sad that i've made it through. i don't know.

it looks like i'll get to go to the whole poetry intensive, i was going to have to take one (another of many) for the team at my store and miss the saturday evening festivities (more poetry writing and reading), but my boss is going to cover me, so i can get away for the whole intensive. it keeps me sane. it helps me write. and since i've produced nothing compared to my usual output of late, this is a nice coming attraction. a mental download of sorts.

i imagine i'll sleep alot. that is what i did last time. i got there way early and went to bed, until dinner. then slept as much as possible the next day. i'm like a cat that way, turning up for meals. but i just need to rejuvenate. i have to cut out early on sunday to make it to work, but i'm grateful i get to go for the whole event. it is a huge deal for me to participate.

i'm going for the low-residency program after all because i can't swing a residency program with all the uncertainties of my life, this i know. i need to just keep doing what apparently works for me. and i'm looking forward to the twelve day residency when i will be immersed in my master's program in massachussets. so looking forward to that. i wonder which poets will be on staff then, i've heard some of the previous and they are excellent.

but now, i have a gigantic paper to write, a belly dance to perform, and a final project to collate. we'll see how it goes.

i'm looking forward. leaning in. and letting momentum carry me.

the letter from the school asking how my name should appear on my diploma and where it should be sent was a much needed boost. i hope to make it to graduation ceremonies in june up in vermont. we'll see.

peace.

No comments: