Wednesday, November 19, 2008

home again.

i get home after everyone has fallen asleep, i rumble around trying to do schoolwork until i just can't keep my eyes open any longer, then wake up and do the same thing.

i got recognition at work today, during the district holiday meeting, for doing my thing. and then, i didn't do so well tonight. i sold a lot of stuff, i can make great sales, but i have a million things to do at the store. and my manager keeps saying,
you've only got a few things. i've got a million things.


and i believe it. there's no end to the details.

i need a rum and coke, and to go to bed. my deadlines loom, but sleep cannot hurt. and the other day driving to the farm, there was a large bird circling over the freeway, it dove and turned, first i saw the bright white tail, then the white head. it was an eagle, just like in my dream of late. first time i've seen a dream image so clearly in waking so soon after dreaming it.

then as we left the barn, a hawk rose and circled over us. over us. and i stopped and pressed my face and hand against the glass to see him, and see him seeing me. he winked, i'm sure of it.

but i'm tired now and must to bed.

peace.

No comments: