Sunday, July 06, 2008

before the rush

i simply have too much free time at the moment. though the moment will end at 12am, when my summer class begins, and i start my new job. i hear parking is a bear, but i'm just expecting it to work out, as i always do, i'm delightfully naive at times like these. my new job is in one of those old downtown districts where you have to park and walk, no one thought of lots back then. i guess you don't have to plan for what you don't require. and i'm looking forward to late nights and way early mornings walking the streets of that town. fortunately, it's a nice, small little town. (and the mall didn't prove to be as scary as it at first appeared, though now, i hear there has always been gang activity there, and i believe it. the place was huge and there was plenty of room for mischief.)

anywhoo,
so i'll spend this, my last unaccountable day (which i didn't expect, i fully expected my previous boss to give me eight hours instead of the day off, it would have made more sense from her perspective, but she was not much of an advance planner, and now, has gifted me a free day. which i'm grateful for), cleaning the apartment. it's hit the skids again.

plus, someone is coming over this week. my second friend i've made out here in three years (i rack 'em up, that's for sure). her and her daughter will join us at the pool, which is good because my tat really shouldn't be in the chlorine water yet. and i'm going to take this second week off to ensure i don't cause any problems. i've all ready had it out in the sun, not harsh glaring sun, but uncovered as i wear tank tops. yesterday, and the other day when it was showing a bit, i just draped my hair over it. the perk of having long black hair, i guess.

i hope my people go to church, i clean better when they're gone.

cleaning for me is about moving furniture and really doing a thorough job. it's hard to do when the fam is lazing about or trapsing through. plus, i like loud music, though i guess i could put my headphones on. my phone has this wonderful shuffle feature and i really like hearing raul midon, then metallica, galway kinnel, then pearl jam. it's pretty wonderful. you never know what you're going to get but it's always something i like. though the ringtones and sounds (ridiculously) play in this assortment. which i find silly. they should not be enabled in a shuffle, who wants to hear the ding ding ding of a cellphone when they are listening to music. it just confuses things.

and the other day, i managed to shut off the sound to my phone while simulatneously disabling my (pink) bluetooth. why that is even possible, how it is, i don't know.

my class looks like it will be challenging, but i am excited to start it. i am raring to go and i don't pace the cage well at all. i ended up pulling a coup on my school by invoking the fafsa funding and surprise summer element, so my course will be paid out over the next term. which makes me feel fabulous. of course next term will now cost me more than my two previous, but whatever. nothing is free. i must remind myself of this.

no thing is free. and it is well worth it.

the other day i couldn't get myself to do the dishes, so i played a little mental game. i wrote, on my calendar which dilenates all 24 hours (my school's idea, not mine), i wrote 1pm, dishes. and you know, by 1:08 i was doing them. finished by 2:04 (there were a lot of dishes).

fortunately my hubby has kept up with them this weekend because i don't have that mountain to try to wade through. normally, i'm the only one who does dishes, and that is why it takes an hour.

i've been in the habit this past week of passing out around nine pm, and waking up aroung five or six (mostly because of work), but i've just kept up with it. until my shift starts tomorrow at 4pm, and i get to leave there at 11pm, (though i work at a coffee house, and staying awake likely won't be a problem). getting back at midnight. and, well, i hope the whole wide awake thing doesn't happen again.

i tend to do school work in the wee hours of the morning because i'm wired after work, and hopped up on coffee, and it's utterly silent in my home. the best time for reading and writing.

but i've blathered on enough. i need to go write the chores of the day on my calendar so they will actually be accomplished. seems the only thing that keeps me moving forward anymore is my schedule.

peace. out.

No comments: