Tuesday, July 29, 2008

sweet spots and extra shots

i found the sweet spot on bitty today. she has a few, actually. but that little chestnut pony has really won my heart. and when i can scratch her in just the right place, it makes me smile. she smiled many, many times today, and there is something about that, i don't know. makes me feel like my whole life is not wasted on work and meaningless chasing after things. (which sometimes i wonder about).

even velvet, the old black mare, who recently had a snip of her lip bitten off (saturday my girl noticed it. she notices everything), let me scratch her sweet spots. and she doesn't do more than tolerate me, but today, i think we made huge strides. we'll see.

it will be weird not seeing the horses for two weeks, but we said our goodbyes and left them for our adventures. fresh off the red eye, my girl will start a week of riding camp (when we return). and i hope that goes well. we'll see.

i was troubled when we left bucky and prince because we can see bucky's ribs and his hip bones are starting to become pronounced. what can we do? not much. not much. i wished them well and hope i get to see them again, someday.

i did a lousy job closing sunday night, completely misunderstood my boss, so i missed the mark pretty significantly. i was glad i was able to go in and set a few things right. it bothers me to leave unnecessary work for others. and i had one girl with me who is the bomb, but it was her last shift, so she was useless. plus, she'd just had her hair chemically straightened and couldn't do much. ah well.

so the dude with us had to actually work. and i wouldn't let him play bouncer and kick the mass of kids out early (because i figure, they're not being naughty. if they were being pests, i'd have kicked them out, but they were well behaved, i thought. just being kids. no harm there).

but he was lagging ass, i'll tell you. and he locked himself outside after we closed, when i let him in, he didn't lock the door behind him. good thing i checked before we left for the night.

hello. is anyone home? i wonder sometimes.

but i've finally met everyone. and now i hope to get some rhythm back. because while i'm making headway in some areas, i'm botching up other areas. and i don't want to do a poor job.

but i've got to run. much coffee madness awaits me, and i've got to get there.

peace. out.

No comments: