Saturday, July 19, 2008

dodge year

this is a dodge poetry festival year, and i finally bought my tickets. four days at the woodstock of poetry. my girl in tow for most, maybe all, if not, i'll drag some other hapless soul along for the ride.

i needed to pull myself out of my funk, and there is nothing like a heady dose of poetry to do just that. this year, jane hirschfield will be reading. i can't wait.

i've all ready got the days off work. i'm stoked.

my new manager was in, he's a nice guy but he keeps calling me darlin'. which i find funny. i called some kid sweetie (a guy) the other day, and thought, that probably wasn't a good idea. i didn't mean to, it ust came out. so what can i say, maybe darlin' slipped out for him.

he seems nice enough. reminds me of an elf.

i'll be as flexible as i can. and he's giving me 40 hours one week. my god, i hope i survive.

i will, i'm sure i will. it's ust alot. more than i expected. but i closed alone last night and it went well. i'm damn good at closing the store. i hope i didn't miss anything.

the young new shift (that's the type of manager i am, lowest on the management totem), was driving me nuts. she just doesn't get it.

i have to not let this kid get under my skin, though she pisses me off. and i've got to find some way to deal with it.

i hate feeling like i'm holding the ball, and with her, there is no forethought. only a blind stare at the now. (which is mean, i know, but hey, whatever).

at least, the very least, since we share the same title, my shifts only overlap hers by an hour or so at the most.

good thing, i'd likely kill her if i had to work a whole shift with her.

i'm off today. hopefully i go to see bucky. hopefully not for the last time.

peace. out.

No comments: