Monday, July 28, 2008

schedules

well, it's begun, the rush to february. strange to say it that way, but that's how it is. i won't come up again for air until then. so be it.

i look forward to the change of seasons. the approaching cold. the snow. i love the snow. it makes me feel like regardless of what has come and gone (mostly what has gone), life prevails.

i am believing that. as i lean into my load and strain against the pull of it trying to drag me back down. i will not go down. i'm stronger and stronger each day.

it's a curious thing to sit at the head of a week and know, every moment is spoken for in some way or another. and i have a lot to do in the meantime.

i told my sister already,
when i get off the plane we are going directly to in-and-out,
do not pass go, do not collect $200. i don't care what kind of diet you're on. i'm having a double double with grilled onions. there ain't nothing like it under the sun.

perhaps it's the memories of high school, when my friend worked there, the giant safety pin holding her waist apron on. or how we'd ditch school just for that burger. i met some guy out here with a shirt on, and he said they did the same thing.

that's a damn good burger if you are willing to ditch school for it.

anyway, that is the thought that keeps me going. my sister and i, sitting together in the parking lot (we can speak freely if we're in our little enclosure). and something about in-and-out, demands consumption before even leaving the parking lot. trust me on this.

but i think we're going directly to the beach after the boigy, and i look forward to seeing the sun set again. to sinking my toes into the sand and feeling the waters lapping at my ankles. i don't like living in the midwest, i'm glad i'm not there anymore. i need to be by the ocean, at least within driving distance of it.

peace out.

No comments: