Monday, August 18, 2008

approved

my final semester study plan has been approved by the faculty of my school. while my advisor advised me against mentioning horses, i mentioned them anyway. while she stated some members of faculty were dubious about the organic nature of my study, i am not dissuaded in the least. i'm a mystic. it's as simple as that. it's time i stop being ashamed of it, and just say it.

so that is what i did. i used the academic language (though i noticed i left off quotation marks--my bad), and stated my case as simply as i can. when one is speaking of psyche and empowering women via dance and poetry, it's a longshot anyway. but who are they to deny me?

my professor trusts me and that's all that matters. that is why i chose her. rather than argue about what i'm going to do when, i needed to just have free reign. and so i have it. the core of my work begins.

i'm missing a belly dance class tonight, not the one with my favorite instructor, but the one i go to with my other friend. i'm not terribly sad to miss this class, it was very frustrating for me last time, save the veil work, but that was the last five or ten minutes of class.

so tonight, after work, i'll go to my library and sit in with my local poet friends. i'm supposed to host this affair, but they are gracious and will have to just deal with then i can show up. they never have complained about it, and i'm glad. there just ain't enough of me to go around.

and i woke up, bright and early today, which isn't a bad thing. just not what i wanted to do. i better get to some reading, i now have to cram my semester into the cracks of my life.

busy busy busy.

but it's almost over. come december 19, i will have my bachelor's and be done with my belly dance class. then i'll have just work for a while (which will make my boss happy).

the holiday season is a beast in retail, and in food service, i'm told.

whew!

No comments: