Thursday, August 14, 2008

easy now

it's late. i'm tired, but first i must say goodnight, then hit the hay.

part of me is sad i won't have to live crammed with my little girl in a tiny shack in the country. who knows. but it would have been nice to be around the horses more. someday. someday.

my school deadlines are keeping me hopping, that and i've finally returned to work and it took me a while to get in the groove. i was improving with the drinks and throwing chips in things that don't require chips, writing down drinks people didn't order, just generally being a goofball. but when i walked in my boss said,
i missed you.
and that made me smile.

he's a really nice guy. considerate, gracious. and when he's talking to you and sitting at his desk, he makes this little mountain out of his fingertips, and it feels like i'm at the conference table in the spy who shagged me. and i wonder if he's got a button that will send me down a chute.

you look so managerial,
i said.

yes!
and he gets this little boy grin, which is downright endearing.

the place looks amazing, and it's nice to work with people who want the joint to succeed.

i've been back to my previous place of employ and it's grim kids. the managers are giving my old manager a hard time. she's probably going to end up quitting. and the haitian lady i worked with, may or may not come to work with me at my current place.

but we have hired a couple new people and it looks good.

i'm grateful things will be the same around the homefront for a while, we came to an agreement in the interest of the child. so i don't have to rush out and find some shack in a field to rent (though, the place is the bomb, not the place, but the grounds). i don't have to change jobs, yet, and that pleases me.

but i'm tired now and must to bed.

lots to do. so much to do, there is hardly time.

and my baby is sleeping over her friend's house and i miss her.
the place is lonesome when she's gone.

i guess that is the gift of children, they bring life to a home.

peace. out.

No comments: