Monday, August 04, 2008

pouty babies

so i'm sitting down for a rare moment (usually, i'm lying on the floor with babies, reading board books or hauling someone for a diaper change or such), and what do i see in the tree above my kid, a hawk had flown into my sister's back yard and lighted in a tree. i saw it momentarily and rushed outside.

the hawk had lifted off to a line in an adjoining yard, and when he saw me coming out there to glimpse him closer, lifted off again, and circled back around to land in a tree in my sister's yard.

my girl got photos of him, looking at everything. he was a juvenile red tail and i was pleased to see him. it would not be possible to have gotten my attention at that point without entering the yard. i was happily installed on the couch.

it's been a nice visit, slowly passing and for that i'm grateful. we went down to the beach spontaneously when our gorgeous cousin called. and we hauled the babies and a whole troop of girls to the beach.

it was hot and the water was cool. we made it home just before major meltdowns and so far, we've had a peaceful coexistence. no major drama.

though the babies miss their daddy and don't really know why he's not here and i keep hanging about. hard to explain these things to infants. i'm glad to be here, no way my sis could have done this job herself for a week.

i'm trying to rest a bit more before my semester starts thursday. time sure flies.

but i'm grateful. for this peace, i'm grateful.

No comments: