Tuesday, August 19, 2008

hand wringer

after spending too much time analyzing nothing, i finally had the long awaited two hour meeting with my boss today.

at one point he glazed me with saliva, and i said,
say it don't spray it.


and he laughed.

sorry,
he said,
i was embarrassed about that.


and then kept doing it.

but it was funny. he's a goofball. overenthusiastic. and i realized today, these people i work with love this job and company waaaaaay more than i do. they are always there. it's freaky. i never go to work on my days off. i don't want to be called. if everyone there pretended i didn't exist, that would be perfect for me.

but these people work on their days off. i guess you'd call them dedicated.

i guess you'd call me, undedicated.

i'm just not dedicated to that.

and, i was advised, quite accurately by my businessminded best friend to keep my trap shut during this meeting and just listen (she knows me).

and it went well. he didn't beat me down like i kind of expected. i think it was more the idea of meeting and my perceived failures--of which there are many.

i can recite a list of everything i missed tonight at work. what i did wrong, what i should do better. and when i blow it, i make sure and check and recheck that thing the next few times.

so, it's getting better, but there is still a long way to go. but i don't want work to consume me. though i spent a lot of greenage on vaca and need to pay it back. :D

what can i say, i was on vaca.

i'm off to bed. i think i've become enamoured of chestnut horses, the way the glow coppery in the sun. I LOVE IT! i never really thought them anything special, but that copper color is amazing. and today, my girl started cantering.

she was pleased. and her instructor was pleased. i was grateful to be with my friends. and they didn't mind their sweet spots being scratched.

we've worked out a lot of kinks. nicole is still trying to relocate her operation, but i'm not sure what will happen. we'll find out, i guess.

and the hawk he sat on the offramp sign. so close i could almost touch him. almost. same story, different day.

peace. out.

No comments: