Monday, August 25, 2008

tear the place apart

there are very few things i will tear the house apart for. one of them is missing this morning. to others it is just a hair thing. a stick my brother in law whittled for me, and a piece of leather that holds my hair.

but those are priceless to me. i awoke to the realization they are gone. there is usually an explanation for their absence, i've tucked them here or there for some journey i was to take. but i always manage to dredge them up after just a bit of looking. though once, when i needed them most, i had to abandon the search entirely. they were not to be found.

i had tucked them into my computer bag for some trip somewhere. and since i am not the most rapid or thorough unpacker (cali luggage still sits beside me packed), i sometimes have to retrieve things from there. but that is not the case with this. i have had it and used it here at home since my return. i saw it just the other day.

there is a place i can look, but i have to go down to the car. and i'm still a bit tired. but tired never held me up for long. so today will progress, and i will try to keep pace with it. to find compassion for my body and mind. but at the same time to read as much as possible.

i'm reading about poets and creative processes right now. it's horribly interesting but i'm reading more psychological texts and those, with their dry style, don't go down with the ease of a poetry book. i have to attend to them.

but first, i must dedicate some time to finding what was lost to me.

i hate to lose something.

as maya would say.

but i've lost so much, and finding this would be a small comfort.

No comments: