Saturday, September 13, 2008

both ways

i have a lot of work to do to get up to speed at work. my boss called me out on a lot of things last night, and he's right. i have to pick up the pace. he says i look like i've just given up and am focusing on all the tasks.

which is probably true. if it weren't such an atmosphere driven place, this might not be such a problem. but, it is. and i have to change.

it was a good exchange of information, and i apologized for acting unprofessional, which i have, in the worst sense. mostly because he gets my humor and i need to stop being funny. i'm really not funny at work, work is not the place for funny.

or, at least there's a certain context where it is appropriate.

there are a lot of changes going on for our crew, and it is good. it is very good. my boss mentioned, with your work ethic and personality, you could go higher.

and that made me happy, but there is much to learn at this place right now. i've not had the proper training, and it's important for me to complete that training. i told him, i will do what i have to do on my lunch at work, if that helps (because i can't do it on my own time at home, i have no own time).

as i let my shoulders slip down from my earlobes, i have to chill. i have to focus. i have to draw lines where i need them.

it will be well, i know it. i have a boss who is on my side and wants me to thrive.

but i also have to be on my side. that, i think, is the hardest part.

No comments: