Monday, September 15, 2008

greasy spoons and half moons

the moon was gorgeous tonight. it glowed and was full, just amazing.

we tried a diner on the way to the new farm last week, my god it stunk. we were crammed in a booth beside the loudest bunch of teamsters in new york. i had to tell my girl to get up and move because we couldn't handle the noise. i would rather not eat than be subjected to such raucous company.

i don't like loud. unless it's led zeppelin's talkin' about love, which was on the radio tonight as i pulled out of the library. i had to rebuke the librarian for interrupting a poet reading, and she said,
i'm sorry.


i told her,
poems don't go on forever, there is no reason to interrupt.
(why is everyone so impatient? yes, they do have to chase us out every time, but at least we are there. though if we were in my place o' bidness i'd be chasing us out too). then we stand in the parking lot for the after meeting which went on only about twenty more minutes, the moon crisp and full. the air brisk, warranted the wearing of my turquoise suede jacket, which was a nice touch and i was glad to have it with me.

cold is making a comeback.

and i'm grateful for it.

i told nicole when i saw her last week, don't eat at that diner.

yeah,
she said,
it's a greasy spoon.


too bad i didn't ask, but i don't usually ask. whatever. so she told us which diner to try next, and so we shall. tomorrow in the am. before my girl rides.

we got manicures and pedicures today, i needed the mental break and the massages were very good today, it's healing to have someone do that for you. i need to go get an actual massage next. i'm about as tense as a plank, but not really, i just hate not being touched. and, aside from my friends, there ain't nothing goin' on for me there.

it is well. it will all be well.

and i wonder how bucky is, hoping they are taking care of him. hoping they are feeding him well. that he is strong and remembers me. that i love him.

tonight i read an old poem, fill my days, and it was well, very well received. all of them i read were. i went for the old poems tonight. lots of new people. and it reminded me of how far i've come.

after i read a poem i submitted for my master's program, i said,
and hopefully it will get me into a master's program,
and there was a great affirmation that it was a strong poem. it is a strong poem. and i'm grateful for it.

the table was full, last time there were only four of us, this time, about fourteen. which was nice. and, we enjoyed each other.

for that, i'm grateful.

peace. out.

No comments: