Wednesday, September 10, 2008

sagging hips

my friend said to me,
have you lost weight?


and i looked down, tired, but not exhausted.
i don't know, have i?


my jeans from last winter were kind of sagging. so i hopped on the scale at my gym and had lost 3 pounds and a few more inches. probably from atrophed muscle (i haven't worked out regularly in a while), but i don't know. the inches were still coming off my hips, which is welcome. i make sure not to avoid the strenuous at work, lifting boxes, lugging garbage, slinging mops, i figure, if i've got to work and i can't workout, i'll make the nature of my work a workout--which it essentially is, i'll give myself over to it, in a sense.

and so i have.

curious.

so lets see if the trend continues. maybe my skinny jeans will fit me now, i'll try them for dodge, they are gorgeous. but now, i'll be smelling like horses when i go there. that will be interesting. my girl and i will have to keep our barn clothes and dodge clothes in the car and change when we're done at the farm--it will do little to help the smell, but, maybe we'll be tolerable. who knows.

fortunately, the only really jam packed day is saturday. though i missed sunday last year so what do i know, really?

it'll be a tough week, but we're up to it. and the thrill of seeing our friends every day, the groove we get into, will be worth the effort. and effort it will be. but it will be good. i'm grateful i have many days off that week or i couldn't manage it. nicole just picked the right week to go away.

so, i've finally, and unwittingly dropped beneath my weight window that i had only dropped beneath once before. i'm sure the trend will continue as i'm standing and working more than anything. i'm hoping the sitting at dodge won't be too much for me. i stood through billy collins for one reading last year, because i was just tired of all the sitting.

but it will be well. looking forward.

peace. out.

No comments: