Friday, October 17, 2008

feelin' fine.

i awoke to a crisp east coast morning. ready for the day ahead, i am certain it is all good. my bunny seemed to want to be held this morning, as i walked in the kitchen to get coffee, he perked up and told me he needed food. so i fed him, and reached into his cage where he leaned into the contours of my hand.

i picked him up, and put him, face up, claws up with his lop ears draped over the crook of my arm, the way i always hold him, and he just shut his eyes and laid back. relaxing into my warmth. so i held him there for a moment.

he's such a sweet bunny. too bad we're not in texas where he'd have more room for mischief, but we are here. and this is all he knows. i don't know how long bunnies live, but i hope a while.

my girl just got a beta, she'd been wanting one for some time, since my giant goldfish ate her last one (my bad). she doesn't let that kind of thing go.

i've probably given the child enough ammunition to either become a poet or be in therapy sorting it all out for a great while. but she knows this. she reminds me of the pets we've lost along the way, and we say,
aw!
and remember them. but then, we have to move on. i can't spend my time grieving over a fish that got ate. (bad englash there).

so today, more schoolwork, more work work. and it is all good.

my store is rocking lately, and we need to keep it up. our numbers were way down, but they are coming around. our speed of service is ramping up.

it's amazing to see a line to the door, and still get people what they need, in and through in three minutes. it doesn't just happen. and mostly, we have to be on it. i have to be on it.

because i have realized, when i'm firing on all cylindars, it's easier for the kids to follow my lead.

i worked on the bar beside this one girl who is like my sister. we laugh and have a great time. if it were myself and any other barista, we'd have killed each other most likely, but she and i, hands and arms flailing, danced our way through about twenty cups and drinks without dropping the ball once.

the best part is, when you are in the middle of a huge rush, and the person who ordered something amends it. grrr. gotta love that.

or they ask for something else, like cup of ice water. it is a simple request save that we have ten seconds (five now) to get espresso in cups. and it ain't so easy when people keep asking for shit.

but, that is a small part of the equation. it is getting better all the time.

and i am grateful for my job and the kids i work with.

much to do, i must away.

peace. out.

No comments: