Monday, October 20, 2008

gearing up

i've been prepping the store for the holiday stock which will arrive shortly. next week, i think.

clearing out every box and shelf i can. consolidating, generally maximizing space usage (which is something i excel at).

i think it's safe to say, the store is mine now. i'm invested. my boss was trying to tell me what needs to happen, but i all ready know. so i told him,
don't worry about it, i'll handle it.


and he looked pleased.

while this is my first holiday in this company, it's going to be fun. we're all going to dress up for halloween. there will be priest, dracula, a ballerina, i'll be a belly dancer (which isn't much of a costume, but since i still have to work, i figure, it will serve). and there is going to be one silly, silly costume which is my boss' idea. a giant egg which he will write NOG on. sigh. i don't know what to say about that.

looks like we'll be doing christmas day, too. just a small group of us who get on very well, and have nothing better to do with our holiday. i'm actually looking forward to it.

but first, i get an email from the mfa program, and now they're "excited" about my application. i guess the matriarch sent a letter of recommendation for me. and i'm grateful. as well as my prof who works for their program. they want my transcript faxed, which tells me, it's just that one last hoop i have to jump through. and i've all but decided to go with the low residency option because i love my store. and new jersey ain't so bad.

i got lost on the way back to my store last night. i was contemplating the nature of life and missed the exit, i saw a sign, last exit in new jersey, and i took it, because i certainly didn't need to go any farther, and miracle of miracles, i let my instincts lead me through the dark and made it back to my store.

i had to run out to grab some supplies we were low on. since i'm doing the ordering now, it's only me to blame. so i bear the brunt of making it right. or at least i'm trying to.

while i'm not looking forward to the holiday hours, i am looking forward to graduating and finishing off this most excellent ride. dec 17 is my last deadline, and i'm grateful it is before the holidays. i will have much to do at work, and, well, it will be nice to not be pulled in a thousand directions.

my girl has officially started cantering. it's been about a month or so, maybe longer. but she's really enjoying it now. and it was all her dad wanted out of these lessons.
are you cantering yet?
he would ask.

which, while i imagine it's important, it's not the only thing she is learning. there is so much.

but i must away. have to workout then go to work. of course that is not all, but i won't burden you with the tedious details of my life. too late.

peace. out.

No comments: