Saturday, October 11, 2008

hard times come

and they go, let them depart from me for now. forever.

worked with the sweetest kid last night. he's hit a rough patch. and my life seems like a bed of daisies when i think about being young and confused. i guess it's no worse being old and confused, the good thing is, i was able to give the kid a bit of perspective.

i'm the oldest person at our place, so, it falls to me to be the voice of wisdom. HA!

which is funny, but there you have it. again, 2am, wide awake wondering when sleep would reappear, and finally i decided to get up and go to the gym no matter what time the lambies started frolicking. and so i did.

8:30 this morning, i'm wide awake, to the gym by 8:45, 1000 situps later, i'm home, going to try to eat then off to work. if nothing else, i can get a few things done there.

i do so need to do more schoolwork, but i'm feeling confident about it now, and am even considering the poetry project i had hoped to do, a cd of me reading my works. i don't know that anyone would want it, but, if nothing else, it would be something to do that would produce a product without much expenditure of limited creative resources.

i so dig this sound guy at my work, that i'd love to have him record me. perhaps i shall. remains to be seen. i do think my works in my voice, there is no substitute.

i shall move in that direction i think. and hopefully the belly dance will come together. i have to ask my instructor for a bit of time to watch me, to see if she thinks i've got it. or, i could just wing it. i tried the other day and it was no good. perhaps it will come. i know it will come together.

i just decided to take only one and a half days for this upcoming poetry intensive because i can't get the whole weekend off work. i understand why. so i'm giving up the latter half of the weekend, when i'll miss the least in terms of activities. i'll drive straight to work from the itensive and so be it.

time to feast, then away, duty calls.

No comments: