Thursday, October 16, 2008

toot toot rattle rattle rattle crash beep beep

so, i'm riding my pony home, i get off early now so there is more traffic on the road. this traffic is coming together into one lane, i'm on the phone with my sister. i break because the guy infront of me broke, and blam. i'm hit. i screamed and the ear buds flew out of my ears, and i went to grab them so my sister didn't think i was horribly mangled in a car wreck.

i guess if someone has to crash into you and take out their radiator, the best place for you to be is at a near standstill. i had just eased off the brake slightly and i launched forward, fortunately, i'd left enough room not to smash into the guy in front of me.

and i hop out of the car after i pull to the side of the busy highway, to see what she'd done to my pony.

i love my pony, i've put it through hell.

and, like a champ, it's still holding together. no damage.

are you okay?


i think so.
i said,
we'll see how i feel tomorrow.


that's the thing about these rear-enders, they don't affect you instantly. but i'm sure i'll be fine. i'm one tough broad.

the cop scared the bejesus out of me when he opened my passenger door unexpectedly, but other than that, i'm fine.

do you need an ambulance,
he asked.

no.


are you okay?


i guess so.


just shaken?


yes.


it was surprising. no one thinks the guy behind them will use your bumper as a brake. but it happens.

anyway, home now. time for bed. work comes early. and i think if i hadn't been in such good shape, my body may not have responded so well, but i'm pretty solid these days. it's encouraging.

i'm looking forward to tomorrow. to all it holds.

peace. out.

No comments: