Monday, June 23, 2008

a bit farther

have you ever gone just as far as your strength will take you, and then pressed yourself to go just a bit farther?

i feel like i did that today. my girl wanted me to join the pool, and so i did. i told her, we won't go every day, but we'll go for an hour most days. so we spent our hour at the pool today, swimming back and forth, diving, enjoying the wet. (it was a hot muggy day).

this after i had worked out, i can't neglect my mechanical trainer, if for no reason other than, it is what i do for myself alone.

but around five pm, after having been at a staff meeting (our first), for two hours, then an hour and a half of work, i was wiped. completely bankrupt in the energy department.

lagging, i drug myself around the store and asked for lots of help from those i was working with.

the vet was with me tonight, and he's struggling, so i tried to explain a few things. to show him how to use the shortcut tools that are clearly visible. and i amended the new recipe cards so they sit or stand flat, so he could read them easier.

he was grateful, and it's the least i can do. i want the place to succeed.

but it doesn't look good. and tonight, with my last energy bar fading, i leaned heavily on the counters and moved at a sluggish pace. pushing myself just a bit farther.

and home, i asked for help, more help.

when i'm this tired, all that helps is a good cry, but i've no tears. i hope i sleep tonight. i stayed away from coffee, just so i could. and i hope tomorrow the humidity isn't atrocious.

we'll see.

i'm looking forward to the coming weeks. to what is happening.

my boss announced my departure at the meeting and the vet groaned.

which made me laugh.

i will miss them all, but it is time. and i need a new challenge. though i'm told, we have one less month to finalize our culminating semester and, well, i just hope i can pull it all off.

i'm sure i can. it will require everything i've got. and just a bit more.

now, to sleep. perchance to dream.

there is an oriental custom that if you turn your nightclothes inside out, you will dream of your lover. and i think, anything is possible.

No comments: