Sunday, June 22, 2008

wooohooooooooo!

i just accepted the position for the job i wanted.
i'm out of my current place in two weeks. huzzah!

what a relief.

this as my boss tells me,
this compliance thing is tough.


well, duh.

if i had to put money on it, i'd say there won't be a store of that name there more than two months, maybe three from now. it's just not possible. unless some serious shit changes.

one of the kids i worked with today was so lackadaisical about it (did i spell that word right?), that i could tell she just doesn't care.

i'm so, so, so glad to be moving on in my journey. like this ring of hell has been completed.

it was just that i was working so hard for nothing. i was everyone's packmule. this new place is run with the proper standards and methods, and the work should be more evenly spread out. i'm looking forward to that.

the manager said, flat out,
i had to let someone go just the other day because she didn't want to be here.


which made me happy.

i look forward to working in an environment that is not dysfunctional.

i know no place is perfect, but the place i'm at is scary bad and i don't want to be that kind of manager. i want a manager who will inspire me. who will challenge me to become better than i am. to become the kind of manager i'd like to have.

i don't know how it will work out, perhaps this is just another step on the road. and if i can get a transfer to the store closer to my house, so much the better.

i needed to be sent home that day, it got me moving in the direction i needed to go. i was apparently not ready to make the change of my own volition and now, huzzah, the change has been made.

and i am so relieved, there are hardly words for it.

but it's something comparable to what i felt lying on the beach beside my best friend, our kids happily playing in the water, and there was not a care in the world or one other place i had to be.

there. here. this is where i had to, have to be.

and it's all good.

peace. out.

No comments: