Thursday, June 12, 2008

he of the blue eyes

today i had a conversation with a man who had gorgeous blue eyes.

he called himself, slow.

but i disagreed.

he said i was kind, but i told him,
we're all slow in some area or another.
(he should see me doing math. yikes)

and he seemed to have a quite deep conversation with me.

he interjected himself into my day in such a way that i'll not quickly or easily forget.

i dig those people that can put aside the barista gig and get real with me.

are you buddist?
i asked him.

no, i'm of no particular religion. i was raised catholic.


ah.
i said.

i told him how i was walking to work today (because the damn truck was in the shop) and while it was hot, i was grateful to be able to walk to work in a country where we're all fat and happy, for the most part).

he said,
we are the source of our own misery.


exactly.

he was a good man, and i don't say that about many men anymore. i just don't find many souls who can truly engage in real time. in person.

perhaps it's where i hang out. i don't know.

but it was nice, in a few hours of what i've come to understand is just work, to have someone really be present to me and with me.

to shake me out of the drudgery of my day, and sometimes my existence (i'm not always "enlightened," sometimes, perhaps most times, i'm as lost in the dark as the next guy).

also rob came back in, kayaker. gave me a great tip.

i can't take cash,
i told him.
but what have you got for me in the way of verbal tips?


never play poker with a guy whose first name is a city. like vegas bob.


he has a smile to die for. tall, dark, handsome. he should be in the movies.

his untailored striped shirt slagging off his broad shoulders.

i enjoy the people who stumble into my presence for the most part.

especially when they engage me in return.

it's nice to be treated with respect.

peace. out.

No comments: