Saturday, June 21, 2008

strange things afoot at the circle k

if you know what movie that line is from, ten points.

so, the word is, my manager has put in for a transfer. hmm. there's another guy who will likely come up and manage, i'm on my way out, so it's all good.

i'm strangely happy. and that is not something i'm used to feeling. so i'm trying to quantify it. perhaps that is part of happiness, it's lost in the attempt to capture it. so i tend to say nothing. darkness is easier for me to write.

the chief came in today and had more marketing schemes for my book. dropped a few names, which i have no clue who they are.

he said,
maybe i should contact them for you.


but i reminded him of our overriding agreement to bury my book in his private collection.

he said i should assume a pseudonym because others would benefit from reading the book.

i don't know.


think about it.
he said, as he left.

i've thought about it. everyone wants to convince me that there is money to be made, and while i know that is the case, that has never been my motivation.

as long as what i need comes to me, as long as i can pay my bills, i'm solid.

i don't need massive surplus. it's nice to have, but as with any tribal person, once it hits my hands, i offer it up.

but i have a poem to write about that.

i have a sequel,
i told him today.

do you want to read it?


absolutely,
he said.

and so, i should get around to ordering additional copies for sale or gift. i've had positive response at the readings this work has been read at. so, perhaps i'll peddle a few.

the numbers aren't all i'm about. it's the poetry.

and, the fact of the matter is, these things are close to my heart. the circulation of soul in the marketplace is a dangerous thing.

i think it would cut close to the bone if i let it go out now. so, i will continue to hold them close. to keep them in check, for a while.

no one is demanding my work be out there, so why bother with it.

there is so much more to be and do. this is but a small thing. a tiny part of the equation. but one i enjoy immensely.

peace. out.

No comments: