Thursday, June 19, 2008

the little things baby

got my new pink cellphone with an mp3 player. and not only that, i get to keep my old cell number, which makes me so happy.

i don't need to win the lottery, just get a nice guy at the at&t store to give me a magic number to call and get my old phone number back.

that is all i need.

i had asked my hubster to arrange it for me, but he said it wasn't possible. ha!

and the word at work is, we're officially on double secret probation. three strikes in a year and we're out.

i'm not sure anyone is surprised (at least i'm not), and i don't want to see this place fail, but it was clear the way things are being run is not right. it hasn't been right from the start.

so, i'm looking forward to moving on.

there is so much work to do at my place and i can't do it all. i know there are others who are trying to help, but it's too little. until everyone takes an active role at work, the place won't succeed.

i'm trying to figure out what i can do positively while i'm there. hoping all the while that i'll get called to move on very soon.

it's kind of bittersweet, but whatever, i'm over it.

one person cannot make a business succeed. and i've tried the entire time i've been there to make positive change. now i'm positive i need to make a change on my own as it's really a dysfunctional work environment where i'm not sure we are set up for success.

in fact, i'm certain we are not. and the latest word is we're going to start using only organic milk, which is wonderful. but the bottom line will be so awful, the grocery store might pull the plug on the place before the licensing people get the chance.

who knows.

peace.
out.

No comments: